2017 Draft - and Free Agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdog923 View Post
    He was cut; the article about him moving to safety was from last week, and they cut him yesterday.
    Think CFL--Best wishes TA4

GBR

Comment

Originally posted by Red Storm Rising View Post
      Think CFL--Best wishes TA4

GBR
      That would honestly be the best move for him; get some reps and some film out there of him playing the position, then come back in a year or two and market the hell out of yourself.
      Coffee is for closers, Mike.

Comment

Updated list of all official signings:

Brandon Reilly - Buffalo
        Cethan Carter - Cincinnati
        Josh Banderas - Denver
        Alonzo Moore - Kansas City
        Terrell Newby - Minnesota

Tommy outside looking in and Utter retired
        No knock on Westy- he can catch anything. However, I think he shone brightly in a sandlot system where he could scramble around until his buddy Tommy could wing something at him. His speed, size and lack of pure route experience are not his friends in the NFL... at the moment.
        "And guys, if there are 15 players on Ohio State's roster better than Tanner Farmer, not only will I eat my shorts, I'll eat yours!" - Red Said Ted

Comment

I am surprised neither Kevin Maurice nor Michael Rose-Ivey got much of a look. Too bad Maurice didn't redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by NearBigRedOfTheDesert View Post
            I am surprised neither Kevin Maurice nor Michael Rose-Ivey got much of a look. Too bad Maurice didn't redshirt.
            Maurice I agree with. Ivey.....not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Updated list of all official signings:

Brandon Reilly - Buffalo
              Cethan Carter - Cincinnati
              Josh Banderas - Denver
              Alonzo Moore - Kansas City
              Terrell Newby - Minnesota

Tommy outside looking in and Utter retired
              No knock on Westy- he can catch anything. However, I think he shone brightly in a sandlot system where he could scramble around until his buddy Tommy could wing something at him. His speed, size and lack of pure route experience are not his friends in the NFL... at the moment.
              I was really excited at the prospect of Westy catching on (pun?) with New England, but that turned out to not be true.
              Coffee is for closers, Mike.

Comment

Broncos undrafted rookie spotlight: ILB Josh Banderas

Many fans were likely upset when the Denver Broncos had a chance to draft Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster in the first round but passed.

The Broncos didn’t select an inside linebacker all draft, showing they may be comfortable with the group they have in place. However, the team signed an inside linebacker as an undrafted free agent that fans should be prepared to keep tabs on.

Name: Josh Banderas
                School: Nebraska
                Height: 6-2
                Weight: 220 pounds

Josh Banderas, who played at Nebraska in college, is more than capable of coming in and competing for a spot on the roster.

A lifelong resident of Lincoln, Banderas played with a sense of team pride and high energy. You can see it on almost every snap while watching him play for the Cornhuskers.

During his college career, Banderas played in 47 games. He led the team in tackles as a senior and was team captain during that year. He finished his career with 232 total tackles, 17.5 of which went for a loss. He also added 2.5 sacks.

In Denver, there is an opportunity at the middle linebacker spot.

Danny Trevathan left via free agency last year and his absence created a noticeable hole in the defense last year. Todd Davis played with good effort in his place, but his starting spot is far from safe this year.

In addition to Davis, the Broncos have Corey Nelson, Kevin Snyder and Quentin Gause on the roster. There’s also one other guy who will be familiar to Banderas — Zaire Anderson.

Anderson also played at Nebraska and came into the league as an undrafted free agent. He’s taken the long, hard road to make it in the NFL and has put together some tremendous performances in preseason games for the Broncos.

If you ask me, after from Brandon Marshall, Anderson is the next best inside linebacker on the roster. But don’t sell Banderas short. If Anderson was able to do it, Banderas will certainly believe that he can too.

When it comes down to final roster cuts, I do believe this guy has a chance to be part of the team’s final roster mainly because the battle for the inside linebacker spot is wide open, aside from Marshall. At the very least, he should be part of the team’s practice squad.

Comment

Maurice signed by the Jags

Comment

Originally posted by joshuahuskers View Post
                    Maurice signed by the Jags
                    Did someone speak of the pompatus of love?

Comment

Chiefs UDFA spotlight: Nebraska receiver Alonzo Moore

Alonzo Moore is candidate to have a more productive professional career than college career.

When you look at the stats you may see nothing special, but turn on the tape and look at this kids intangibles. The sky is the limit for him.

Moore is a versatile wide receiver who has seen action on special teams and lined up all over the field for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. He specialized at chunk yardage plays and averaged over 12 yards per reception during his four-year career.

He also saw decent success out of the backfield, which could be intriguing for coach Andy Reid who loves to run end-around plays and reverses.

Moore is known by his teammates and coaches as a true team player and a guy who genuinely feels good when he has a chance to contribute to the team winning a football game. That attitude alone is something that can propel a player to having a long and successful NFL career.

Stats (via Sports Reference)
                      2013: Six receptions, 75 yards, five returns, 116 return yards
                      2014: 10 receptions, 136 yards, three returns, 53 return yards
                      2015: 24 receptions, 395 yards, six touchdowns, 14 carries, 106 yards rushing
                      2016: 20 receptions, 375 yards, two touchdowns, four carries, 58 yards rushing, one touchdown

Pro day results (via NFL Draft Scout)
                      Height: 6-foot-1
                      Weight: 199 pounds
                      40-yard dash: 4.47 seconds
                      20-yard dash: 2.60 seconds
                      10-yard dash: 1.56 seconds
                      Vertical: 32 inches
                      Broad jump: 9 feet 11 inches
                      20-yard shuttle: 4.17 seconds
                      Three-cone drill: 6.79 seconds

The Chiefs clearly fell in love with the potential that Moore has. His college production and moments of his tape are concerning, but Nebraska has consistently been a run-first offense during the course of his career.

Also when you consider the ugly passes that Tommy Armstrong Jr. was throwing to those receivers at Nebraska, it’s a blessing that Moore caught any balls at all. Armstrong couldn’t make it in the NFL as a QB.

For the Chiefs, Moore adds competition in a position group that has evolved in the past several seasons for the team. As you can see below the Chiefs added five receivers in undrafted free agency in addition to drafting Jehu Chesson in the fourth round.

Moore’s ability to do mostly anything could push him ahead of some of these other undrafted free agents and maybe even some players on the roster.

Ultimately his value as a return man might be the specific area of intrigue for the Chiefs. They will be looking to give Tyreek Hill a consistent dose at wide receiver and taper back the times he is used as a returner.
                      Last edited by ATX_Husker; 05-19-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ghost View Post
                        Did someone speak of the pompatus of love?
                        No, but that someone did discover he is a picker, a grinner, a lover, and a sinner.

:naughty:

Comment

On-off-on again.

Tommy has signed with the Vikings
                          "And guys, if there are 15 players on Ohio State's roster better than Tanner Farmer, not only will I eat my shorts, I'll eat yours!" - Red Said Ted

Comment

I remain stunned Jordan Westerkamp is not in anyone's camp.

Comment

Originally posted by NearBigRedOfTheDesert View Post
                              I remain stunned Jordan Westerkamp is not in anyone's camp.
                              I'll honestly be stunned if he DOES make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                On-off-on again.
                                ........sounds like a girl I dated until I found a keeper.

I hope Tommy gets a real shot.
                                Last edited by redfred; 06-01-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X