QB Competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Competition

It's over. It's Lee. I hope O'Brien shows patience. His time will come sooner than later.
    Last edited by Hunchback Johnny; 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM.
    Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or a really cool opotamus?

Lee. O'Brien. Gebbia. Bunch.. Any one of them is an improvement.

Comment

Its far from over. Lee is being named the starter but lets see who works the hardest to improve over the summer. Who gets with receivers to work on his throws and who gets stronger by hitting the weight room. Its going to be an interesting fall and season.

Comment

Lee has enormous support among the players. If you saw how the guys joshed with him while being interviewed during the Spring Game on BTN you get it.
        I've heard a number of anecdotes that the players really connect with him.
        "And guys, if there are 15 players on Ohio State's roster better than Tanner Farmer, not only will I eat my shorts, I'll eat yours!" - Red Said Ted

Comment

This was plain to see from the Spring Game; there's not a lot separating Lee and POB from a mechanical standpoint, but Lee is so much more polished than O'Brien is.

I'm on the record that only 1 out of the 3 of Lee, O'Brien and Gebbia will be here in 2 years.
          Coffee is for closers, Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdog923 View Post
            This was plain to see from the Spring Game; there's not a lot separating Lee and POB from a mechanical standpoint, but Lee is so much more polished than O'Brien is.

I'm on the record that only 1 out of the 3 of Lee, O'Brien and Gebbia will be here in 2 years.
            Lee will have graduated so it's down to Gebbia and O'Brien duking it out. I'd like Gebbia's arm transplanted on O'Brien's body. I'd guess it'ss who makes the quickest reads and makes the best audibles.

Comment

Originally posted by redfred View Post
              Lee will have graduated so it's down to Gebbia and O'Brien duking it out. I'd like Gebbia's arm transplanted on O'Brien's body. I'd guess it'ss who makes the quickest reads and makes the best audibles.
              By that time, Gebbia will have had a few cheeseburgers and chicken breasts .

I honestly think, if it works out as its looking, that Gebbia will surpass O'Brien, opening up POB to transfer.
              Coffee is for closers, Mike.

Comment

Hope we don't lose any of them. After all they are pocket passers in this league of attrition. If I have learned anything in this league, you can't have too many quarterbacks. Watching Iowa and Ohio State lately, and the backups get as much field time as the starters it seems.

Comment

I agree that I hope we keep all of them. But I don't think obrien will ever start absent an injury. His release is just way too slow. Those bat-downs were no accident. And I'll go on the record saying that concern over Gebbia's build is way overblown. I remember thinking that Ryan leaf would be the pick over Peyton manning because manning looked like a twig that would break in half in the League. He will be fine. The beef needs to be in front of him, not on him.

Comment

We need all 3 of these guys to stick it out.....I like and agree with the choice of a starter in Lee but his toughness and Injury history should tell O'Brien to stay put .......He will get his shot this year with the likes of Big 10 Defenses we face this season.....And besides I would bet if Lee performs half as good as he has shown he can......It's hello NFL after this season.....He ain't getting any younger and he knows it.
                    Patrick will have to deal with a fully grown bigger Gebbia in a year and we all know Gebbia is for real.....There is something he has that just infects people around him with confidence is the best way to describe it......He IS THE QB that will lead us back where we belong.

Doc.

Comment

Gebbia's metabolism has to be working against him. He'll get exhausted just eating
                      "And guys, if there are 15 players on Ohio State's roster better than Tanner Farmer, not only will I eat my shorts, I'll eat yours!" - Red Said Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        Gebbia's metabolism has to be working against him. He'll get exhausted just eating
                        Very true.....He needs to be dragging the ol feed bag with him 24/7/365 to get some meat on his bones ...... Everybody that was sitting with our group or that stopped by to say howdy commented on 2 things where Tristan is concerned.....First his obvious up side and talent level for his age....He would have had a day for the record books almost if the wideouts in white didn't have so many drops and Secondly I would bet 99.999% of every single person who stopped by said how young and skinny he looked so his lack of body mass has not gone by without notice.

Doc.

Comment

I wish Lee had O'Brien's magic wand game, that is his play-action skills. POB is a master at deceit with play-action. But I wish O'Brien had Lee's vision and decision making skills. I wish both of them had Gebbia's ability to distribute the ball and his aggressive release. I haven't really seen Bunch much, because the DVR cut him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            I had the same problem. If you use me as a meter, the problem should go away.........in about 30 years.

Fighting metabolism is hard, on both sides. Everyone talks about fighting it to lose weight, but it just as hard if you want to gain significant weight but have the metabolism of a humming bird. This is especially true if the weight has to be "quality" weight. I personally was eating eight to ten thousand calories a day and my weight went up at a snails pace.

The need for quality weight shouldn't be undervalued imo. If you are going to throw Tristan in with the big boys, he will need a little armor. I ended up with four broken bones in total, two dislocated shoulders, a damaged knee and numerous other injuries. If a fraction of the above happens to Gebbia, his career will not live up to what it could be.

He is in a place where if he has the ability to gain, he will. There are things known now that were not known in yesteryear...........and that is without going to illegal aides. Honestly, one thing that I didn't know which is not permitted at UNL, that used to be, is creatine. Too bad imo. I have always felt it was a safe supplement to use. I honestly didn't know it was banned from UNL until Solly corrected me a few years ago.

Still, Tristan is young and there are methods that can help his cause. Twenty to twenty five quality pounds in two years is doable if his body doesn't work against him too much.
                            Last edited by redfred; 04-25-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

McKewon's five reasons it's Lee

As I said- the team loves this guy:

The Huskers need leadership for an offense still trying to find itself, and Lee has built up respect and trust among his teammates. Lee is 22, he’s been a starter, and the way he relates to Husker teammates played a factor in the decision. In an interview with The World-Herald, coach Mike Riley called Lee “a magnet” who draws players in with his personality and humility. Nebraska’s offense needs that. Yes, Lee has a better arm than Patrick O’Brien, and a quicker release, and those things matter. Right now, he’s the physically superior quarterback to O’Brien. But Lee’s intangible qualities are key. NU’s offense must — and likely will — rally around him.

Comment

Working...
                              X