The Brainiacs at ESPN are at it again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brainiacs at ESPN are at it again

I assume a lot of you saw where ESPN (in their, super secret sauce smothered, wrapped in an enigma ways....) ...Have said Nebraska basically has a ZERO % Shot at winning the Conference or even the West Division.....And to throw salt on that wound they have prognosticated we won't even be able to muster a winning record this coming season......

What's funny about all the data they throw in some old bald guys fedora hat and shake around and just pluck out of thin air is.....It's flawed to begin with......No one can predict what's going to happen between the hash marks this fall.....For God's sake what would happen should all the crap they (at times it seems as if they just throw out there to see what will happen next ? )......Trust me here a little when I say if for no other bigger reason this is the kinda Bovine Fecal Matter that makes ESPN Haters real fast.....I seriously hope but also believe based on what I have seen and heard in person......Nebraska is primed for a BIG SEASON and I think we will surprise a BUNCH of people come time to lace up, strap up and hit somebody this fall on game days !

Doc

I think I read it but not sure, iirc, it's simply a mathematical formula that's based off of returning production, of which NU is lacking because of the graduated seniors from last season. starting QB, RB, most WRs, all TEs, plus most of the starting LBs and a S who had a lot of tackles are all gone.

of course as fans we believe that production will be better at most of those spots, but for a computer crunching numbers, I don't think there's a column for "hope"

Comment

Ohhhh that explains it Gator......Clear as mud lol.....

I get how they use some formula to base their findings on but last time I checked it was the jimmies and Joe's between on the field who actually play the game ......I have never seen a mathematical formula suit up and walk out of the tunnel.....Yet......And frankly Football is a game of numbers but there is just way to many variables to put much stock in what some data that some square head types into a computer to predict what our season will be like.....and since I rarely pass up a chance to rag on ESPN this was just of a stomach turning set of numbers that is put out for anyone to read.....Remember we were never supposed to go down to the wire last year in our Division before the Wheels came off Tommy Armstrong either.....We all knew we were one freak play from being a 3 win also but yet still if a couple 3 or 4 plays had gone our way....

Well you see my point.

P.S. good to see your still hanging around Gator.....Will holler at you one of these next few days.

Doc.

Comment

Power polls are meaningless for a team in transition like us. New QB is bad according to computers, but the computer can't factor in that the new QB will be a better fit. Also doesn't know we hired what should be a much better DC. I hope a lot of people put stock in this.....that way we can sneak up on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorHusker View Post
          I think I read it but not sure, iirc, it's simply a mathematical formula that's based off of returning production, of which NU is lacking because of the graduated seniors from last season. starting QB, RB, most WRs, all TEs, plus most of the starting LBs and a S who had a lot of tackles are all gone.

of course as fans we believe that production will be better at most of those spots, but for a computer crunching numbers, I don't think there's a column for "hope"
          Exactly right. And to get our panties in a wad over it is... well, it's a pretty day, I'm getting outside.
          "And guys, if there are 15 players on Ohio State's roster better than Tanner Farmer, not only will I eat my shorts, I'll eat yours!" - Red Said Ted

Comment

Trouble is, I remember Brock Huard, several seasons ago when Bo was still the HC, looking at Nebraska's schedule and "predicted" 6 wins or less. He was wrong then and ESPN is probably wrong now.

Sure, Nebraska COULD finish like ESPN's forecast predicts...but aliens could also invade Earth tomorrow like they did in Independence Day.

Comment

Test.

Comment

Print off, or bookmark the article. Then when NU wins the B1G and makes the playoffs you can gorge on that sweet wine!

Unfortunately, this is an accurate perception of where NU is right now - a program that hasn't won a conference championship this century combined with a .500 head coach. Like Gator said - 'there's not a column for hope'.

Comment

Without a standout RB right now we are going to be hard pressed to win 9 games. I believe the Defense will do well. They'll hold the opponents to low scores, but the offense needs to find a RB that can be depended on. Right now none of them are separting themselves. If an opposing D shuts down the pass when they know you have no threat in the run game it's lights out.
                  "My goal isn't really to win the Heisman. It's just to be better than I was the day before."

Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

Comment

9 wins. a ton returning in 2018

Comment

Working...
                    X