1. You will have to request a "forgot passord" reset to login to the new board. If your email has changed and you didn't update it in your profile, please contact us using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. Thanks for your patience.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

POB

Discussion in 'Husker Football' started by uno_911, Nov 12, 2017.

1. uno_911

uno_911 Big Husker Fan

Since most every post is about coaches and everything else, I thought I'd put something else out there.

I thought POB settled in well after getting in a rhythm. Yardage was a fair amount shortage but only one less completion than Lee in the same amount of attempts. I also enjoyed his ability to scramble for some yards when he noticed a lane.

Other people's thoughts??

2. kfr1631

kfr1631 Redshirt

I thought as time went on, his comfort level was better. I also liked how he wasn't afraid to run with the ball. The offensive line unfortunately did him no favors at the end of the game.

3. Hunchback Johnny

Hunchback Johnny Blackshirt

I didn't see the end of the game, but I heard Langsdorf post game interview. He said the last play of the game huskers kept 7 in for protection while Minnesota rushed only 3 and they still found a seam and laid the wood to POB. SMH

4. kfr1631

kfr1631 Redshirt

3 timeouts to run 3 plays, 3 sacks. Embarrassing. And yes, the last was with 3 rushers.

5. TNT

TNT Husker Legend

It's pretty pathetic when they rush only three and still get to him. If they rushed one he would have gotten through -_- smh

6. Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday Blackshirt

He just needs to be the guy.....I have always liked his toughness and drive sure he is no blazer when he runs but at least he tries to get out of trouble and is not just a statue back there. The guy I really look forward to seeing is Gebbia.....he can move and throw besides he is just a gamer.....he makes me wish he had come from an old Speed I option team......I bet he would be lights out in an offense like that......he really reminds me of a Quarterback OU had in Switzer's day......that gave us nightmares for weeks.....
    I hope Gebbia decides to stay here and Play.....I really do like his drive and toughness.

Doc.

valiantsailor likes this.
  7. Huskergod84

Huskergod84 All Conference

I really liked that POB would take off up field if nothing was open. I really think if Lee had done some of that in other games we may have won a couple more, NIU NWU to name a couple. Would it have helped against Wisconsin? Who knows.

valiantsailor likes this.
  8. valiantsailor

valiantsailor Coaching Legend

Who ever our new coaches are, they had best learn to move our Qb's around. Look at what Joe Ganz did, move to keep the play alive, not run for 30 yrds, then look at the way Tanner Lee stood in the pocket and took a beating. My best guess is DL told him to stand still and look downfield :smirk2:

9. SUHnami

SUHnami Administrator

If Lee had done that against Northwestern and NIU we probably win those games. There were at least 3 occasions against Northwestern where if he had run he would've either made a 1st down or scored.

POB was a relief to see him take off and run. You don't have to be a blaser just have the wherewithall to know when to run and when to pass.

10. uno_911

uno_911 Big Husker Fan

I totally agree. He made a number of plays with his feet. He held in the pocket too long on a few, but the line wasn't giving much protection. His willingness to take off makes the pass rushers at least have to hold in their rush lanes.

Plus, Lee is in concussion protocol, so POB's first start may come in Happy Valley.

11. SUHnami

SUHnami Administrator

In order to be a successful QB in college or pro's anymore you have to use your feet to get out of trouble. POB is no Armstrong, but he is more apt to take off than Tanner. Making (as you said) the defense at least stay in their lanes. Being mindful he could pull the ball down and run if there are yards to be had. Lee is never a threat to run. He had chances against Northwestern that had he kept it and ran would've either picked up 1st downs or on one occasion he would've walked into the endzone from 15 yards out.

12. Big Red Emperor

Big Red Emperor Redshirt

That's just Riley being Riley, Cav being Cav. No other coach in CFB calls those timeouts. Traveling section booed him for that.

That aside, POB was serviceable, especially considering the lack of reps he gets. Though think Gebbia is gonna get the nod in the spread.

13. Blackshirts093

Blackshirts093 Redshirt

Speaking of Gebbia does anyone know what his weight is up to now?

14. valiantsailor

valiantsailor Coaching Legend

Check out the size of the QB at Central Florida, he makes Gebbia look like a giant

15. NearBigRedOfTheDesert

QB at UCF isn't getting hit by B1G linemen.

16. smallz243

smallz243 Redshirt

You'd think Gebbia, Tyjon and JD have to be excited about the prospects of playing in Frost's system. Others as well, but these 3 would gain the most.

17. cornstar

cornstar Redshirt

I didn't watch the second half against MN, but from what I heard......

Let him play.

Sorry Lee, enter the draft if need be. Best of luck. I'd take my chance with O'Brien at this point.

But who knows what this staff will do. They may just pull Gebbia's red shirt for no good reason.

18. redfred

redfred All American

Given the lack of success of the current staff in assessing talent, it doesn't bother me one bit that POB is second string. It does bother me that our current O-line will be the ones protecting him, and that DL will be the one calling the plays.

I don't think that one guy can turn this ship around, but it doesn't hurt to have one that has an asset (ie mobility) that can give the up coming defenses something else to think about.

19. Huskergod84

Huskergod84 All Conference

Lets say Riley was to go to Gebbia and say "I want you to start the last two games of the season". Can Gebbia say "No thanks I want to keep my redshirt" and not have it affect his redshirt? Anyone who doesnt play this year is a redshirt correct? I mean the U doesnt have to claim guys for redshirts do they? Its just anyone who doesnt play this year is considered a redshirt?

20. SUHnami

SUHnami Administrator

That's because his OL wouldn't allow it to happen. :)