Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're one of "7 storied programs" expected to struggle

If this was a story about another program facing what we are we would be totally agreeing with it. New QB(s), RB(s) WR (s) etc. Head Coach who has never won anything, unproven OC, new DC switching to a new base defense. Its hard to see why we are so positive. But we are. And why??? Because WE ARE THE HUSKERS DAMNIT. The greatest fans in college football, oh hell ALL OF FOOTBALL, and WE BELIEVE, its what we do. So yep CCG and playoffs here we come like it or not.

I see the line for NU wins for 2017 is 6--seriously, I would like to drop some cash on that--where do I find a book for this?

GBR

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...-cg-technology

Bet the house (bet them both if you have 2). NU will win its first 6 games. Depending on the outcome at Penn State and the bowl game, NU is looking at a 10-11 win season. Win 11 and Riley could possibly win national coach of the year because of morons predicting only 6 wins. Imagine what that would do for recruiting. 😳

Blackshirt
    Whoa up there just a tiny bit ok.....You have to remember what we are up against.....With all the "New" and un-BIG10 tested parts and so forth there are just way too many variables to get a feel for what this particular team chemistry is all about......You can have a roster chock full of the best talent in the land ...(ala Ohio St.) .....And you still can choke in a big game ....Remember the public ass whuppin the Buckeyes suffered during the playoffs last year....It's way more than just Jimmies and Joe's in this day and age of College Football.....It's more about finding a team of young Men who will always have the others backs...Who will never give up......Or let their brothers down and can find a way to work as one and win each game 1 at a time.

Go Big RED !

Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Storm Rising View Post
    I see the line for NU wins for 2017 is 6--seriously, I would like to drop some cash on that--where do I find a book for this?

GBR

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...-cg-technology
    I agree that would be a good bet but I wouldn't say it is a lock. My way-too-early prediction is for a 7-5 regular season record.

This will be one time when I'm glad to tell everyone "I told you so." Last year when NU raced out to a 6-0 start I was one of the few who said that NU wasn't very good and the house of cards was about to come crashing down. So I'm no homer.

I get that there's a lot of unknowns, but NU has the intangibles, talent, and coaching to erase any pre-season doubt in my book. OR and Wisconsin will be double digit wins. This passing attack is extremely difficult to stop. Wait and see. So as long as the defense can hold its own (I'm trusting Diaco can put together a game plan) then it's off to the races until Ohio State.

So, I stand by my prediction and will gladly be pointing out this post come October. 👊

PS -The link below says it all. Athlon's has Johnny Stanton as one of the QBs to watch and no mention of Lee. Are you kidding me? No one has a clue about Nebraska's talent. It's laughable what some of these "experts" base their rankings on.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-25-quarterbacks-rise-2017
    Last edited by johnmcmillen; 05-22-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Nebraska has two tough games on the road: Oregon and Penn State.

All our other tough games are in Lincoln, chief among them: Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern.

With the schedule Nebraska has, with all the home games, this being Riley's 3rd year, Nebraska needs to be 9-3 or 10-2 at this minimum this regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcmillen View Post
    Bet the house (bet them both if you have 2). NU will win its first 6 games. Depending on the outcome at Penn State and the bowl game, NU is looking at a 10-11 win season. Win 11 and Riley could possibly win national coach of the year because of morons predicting only 6 wins. Imagine what that would do for recruiting. ��
    That's some sparklin' red Kool-Aid sippin' going on. While winning the first six is doable, it's not a 'bet the house' lock. Double digit wins over OU and Wisc?! NU barely beat OU at home last season with an experienced QB and until NU, under Riley, beats Wisc once you have to give them the nod.

Like Doc said - we have to see how this team plays and reacts. We have to see if Lee 'focuses' after that first hard pop, or if he gets 'happy feet'. Will Diaco be as advertised? Will the lines, on both sides, be commanding, or sieves? Will Riley/Langsdorf act like kids at Christmas, getting their favorite toy, and try to air it out whole games, or will they try to establish some semblance of a running game?

Quote Originally Posted by Husker94 View Post
    Nebraska has two tough games on the road: Oregon and Penn State.

All our other tough games are in Lincoln, chief among them: Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern.

With the schedule Nebraska has, with all the home games, this being Riley's 3rd year, Nebraska needs to be 9-3 or 10-2 at this minimum this regular season.
    Agreed; this is essentially Riley's team now - he needs to show that he can coach, and a 7-5 regular season would be a failure.