Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QB Competition

QB Competition

It's over. It's Lee. I hope O'Brien shows patience. His time will come sooner than later.
    Last edited by Hunchback Johnny; 04-20-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus or a really cool opotamus?

Lee. O'Brien. Gebbia. Bunch.. Any one of them is an improvement.

Its far from over. Lee is being named the starter but lets see who works the hardest to improve over the summer. Who gets with receivers to work on his throws and who gets stronger by hitting the weight room. Its going to be an interesting fall and season.

Lee has enormous support among the players. If you saw how the guys joshed with him while being interviewed during the Spring Game on BTN you get it.
    I've heard a number of anecdotes that the players really connect with him.
    "And guys, if there are 15 players on Ohio State's roster better than Tanner Farmer, not only will I eat my shorts, I'll eat yours!" - Red Said Ted

This was plain to see from the Spring Game; there's not a lot separating Lee and POB from a mechanical standpoint, but Lee is so much more polished than O'Brien is.

I'm on the record that only 1 out of the 3 of Lee, O'Brien and Gebbia will be here in 2 years.
    Coffee is for closers, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog923 View Post
    This was plain to see from the Spring Game; there's not a lot separating Lee and POB from a mechanical standpoint, but Lee is so much more polished than O'Brien is.

I'm on the record that only 1 out of the 3 of Lee, O'Brien and Gebbia will be here in 2 years.
    Lee will have graduated so it's down to Gebbia and O'Brien duking it out. I'd like Gebbia's arm transplanted on O'Brien's body. I'd guess it'ss who makes the quickest reads and makes the best audibles.

Quote Originally Posted by redfred View Post
    Lee will have graduated so it's down to Gebbia and O'Brien duking it out. I'd like Gebbia's arm transplanted on O'Brien's body. I'd guess it'ss who makes the quickest reads and makes the best audibles.
    By that time, Gebbia will have had a few cheeseburgers and chicken breasts .

I honestly think, if it works out as its looking, that Gebbia will surpass O'Brien, opening up POB to transfer.
    Coffee is for closers, Mike.

Hope we don't lose any of them. After all they are pocket passers in this league of attrition. If I have learned anything in this league, you can't have too many quarterbacks. Watching Iowa and Ohio State lately, and the backups get as much field time as the starters it seems.

All American
    I agree that I hope we keep all of them. But I don't think obrien will ever start absent an injury. His release is just way too slow. Those bat-downs were no accident. And I'll go on the record saying that concern over Gebbia's build is way overblown. I remember thinking that Ryan leaf would be the pick over Peyton manning because manning looked like a twig that would break in half in the League. He will be fine. The beef needs to be in front of him, not on him.

Blackshirt
    We need all 3 of these guys to stick it out.....I like and agree with the choice of a starter in Lee but his toughness and Injury history should tell O'Brien to stay put .......He will get his shot this year with the likes of Big 10 Defenses we face this season.....And besides I would bet if Lee performs half as good as he has shown he can......It's hello NFL after this season.....He ain't getting any younger and he knows it.
    Patrick will have to deal with a fully grown bigger Gebbia in a year and we all know Gebbia is for real.....There is something he has that just infects people around him with confidence is the best way to describe it......He IS THE QB that will lead us back where we belong.

Doc.