Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Riverside vs. Nebraska - Friday (doubleheader)

UC Riverside vs. Nebraska - Friday (doubleheader)

The rumors are true, it is baseball season, despite what that idiot groundhog said 2 weeks ago. Idiot. The first game of this 4-game series starts at 2 p.m. Central, no video streaming, audio only so either take your radio to work or download the Tune-In app or whatever it's called and get paid to be unproductive, like me.

Huskers.com has a series preview up. I didn't know Riverside's mascot was a Highlander, so dust off your Scottish accents and pimp suits.

and I don't give 2 sh*ts if Connery didn't play an actual Highlander, I haven't got around to actually watching that crap yet.

NU lineup:

Jake Meyers CF
    Scott Schreiber DH
    Ben Miller 1B
    Jesse Wilkening C
    Alex Raburn SS
    Jake Schleppenbach 2B
    Luis Alvarado LF
    Ben Klenke RF
    Angelo Altavilla 3B
    Matt Waldron P

Live Stats

Live audio (will be available whenever pregame starts.)

What happened to the right fielder that looked like a Viking? I haven't checked the roster; I just assumed he was still around.

Dilday was his name. Fun name.....

Quote Originally Posted by busticket View Post
    Dilday was his name. Fun name.....
    He's gone, but on the plus side Nebraska does now have a player whose first name is Mojo.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.d...D=33&SPSID=104

4-3 final in favor of Riverside, one inning with 4 unearned runs did it, as well as Alvarado being stranded at third after a leadoff double. Credit to UC-R's relief pitcher though, he's very good and will probably not be available for the rest of the series, so that's nice. Game 2 starts somewhere between 5:10 and 5:15.

And here is the NU lineup for that game:

Jake Meyers CF
    Scott Schreiber DH
    Ben Miller 1B
    Luis Alvarado LF
    Luke Roskam 3B
    Alex Raburn SS
    Jake Schleppenbach 2B
    Brady Childs C
    Mojo Hagge RF
    Paul Tillotson P

All right, no score so far, Tillotson just retired his 9th in a row (and that's all he's faced). Top of the 4th.

Miller strikes out swinging, 1 out. Lot of strike outs today so far, for whatever that's worth (hard to tell on day 1).

Alvarado and Roskam are both retired, bottom of the 4th, 0-0.